District contact information:
Rick Herrin, Director of Communications
817-441-8327, ext 1025
“Bond 2019,” Aledo ISD https://www.aledoisd.org/domain/1871
Recent News Articles
- “Early voting begins Monday,” Weatherford Democrat (Oct 16, 2019) https://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/news/local_news/early-voting-begins-monday/article_5da889b3-0e6b-5fb9-9409-63be9cf747db.html
- “City Council hears AISD bond info,” Weatherford Democrat (Sep 27, 2019) https://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/news/local_news/city-council-hears-aisd-bond-info/article_8bdfc1eb-4918-5c3e-b4a1-7f0e16c016a7.html
- “Booming Aledo brings $149.9 million school bond to voters…” Weatherford Star-Telegram (Sep 19, 2019) https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/weatherford-star-telegram/article235237722.html
- “These school districts are pitching bond programs,” Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Aug 21, 2019) https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/education/article234148682.html
What is a bond?
A bond is essentially an IOU. Instead of going to a bank to get a loan, like an individual might do, governments can issue bonds to raise money for specific projects. An investor buys a bond on the understanding that they will be paid back, in full and with interest, on a set date (limited by law to 40 years). In most cases, governments must seek voter approval to issue a bond.
What will the bond package pay for?
The bond proposal would pay for the following projects:
- Middle School No. 2, Old Weatherford Road: New grade-level academic wings, opening Fall 2022 ($62,501,000)
- Aledo Middle School expansion: New grade-level academic wings, new library, fine arts wing, cafeteria space, and field house; opening Fall 2022 ($33,446,000)
- Elementary School No. 6, FM5 in Annetta: New grade-level academic wings, opening Fall 2021 ($35,858,000)
- McAnally Intermediate, renovation to elementary school: New grade-level academic wings, additional classrooms; opening Fall 2022 ($9,611,000)
- Vandagriff, renovation to Early Childhood Campus: Pre-Kindergarten, preschool program for children with disabilities, daycare for Aledo ISD employees; opening Fall 2022 ($1,709,000)
- Coder Elementary, Stuard Elementary, McCall Elementary: furniture replacement to support Aledo ISD Instructional Focus ($1,800,000)
- Land for future school sites ($4,525,000)
- School buses ($500,000)
|Ballot Proposition||The issuance of $149,950,000 of bonds by the Aledo Independent School District for the construction, renovation, acquisition and equipment of school facilities in the District, including the acquisition of land therefor and the acquisition of school buses and levying the tax in payment thereof.
La emisión de bonos por el importe de $149,950,000 por el Distrito Escolar Independiente de Aledo para la construcción, la renovación, la adquisición y el equipamiento de instalaciones escolares en el Distrito, lo que incluye la correspondiente adquisición de terrenos y de buses escolares, y la imposición de impuestos para el pago de dichos bonos.
|If I vote FOR||Aledo ISD can issue $149.95 million in bonds to fund construction, renovation, land acquisition, and equipment.|
|If I vote AGAINST||Aledo ISD cannot issue $149.95 million in bonds.|
|Tax Consequences||According to Aledo ISD, if the proposition passes there will be no impact on the district’s tax rate.|