District contact information:
Rick Herrin, Director of Communications
817-441-8327, ext 1025
“Bond 2019,” Aledo ISD https://www.aledoisd.org/domain/1871
Recent News Articles
- “Early voting begins Monday,” Weatherford Democrat (Oct 16, 2019) https://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/news/local_news/early-voting-begins-monday/article_5da889b3-0e6b-5fb9-9409-63be9cf747db.html
- “City Council hears AISD bond info,” Weatherford Democrat (Sep 27, 2019) https://www.weatherforddemocrat.com/news/local_news/city-council-hears-aisd-bond-info/article_8bdfc1eb-4918-5c3e-b4a1-7f0e16c016a7.html
- “Booming Aledo brings $149.9 million school bond to voters…” Weatherford Star-Telegram (Sep 19, 2019) https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/weatherford-star-telegram/article235237722.html
- “These school districts are pitching bond programs,” Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Aug 21, 2019) https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/education/article234148682.html
What is a bond?
A bond is essentially an IOU. Instead of going to a bank to get a loan, like an individual might do, governments can issue bonds to raise money for specific projects. An investor buys a bond on the understanding that they will be paid back, in full and with interest, on a set date (limited by law to 40 years). In most cases, governments must seek voter approval to issue a bond.
What will the bond package pay for?
The bond proposal would pay for the following projects:
- Middle School No. 2, Old Weatherford Road: New grade-level academic wings, opening Fall 2022 ($62,501,000)
- Aledo Middle School expansion: New grade-level academic wings, new library, fine arts wing, cafeteria space, and field house; opening Fall 2022 ($33,446,000)
- Elementary School No. 6, FM5 in Annetta: New grade-level academic wings, opening Fall 2021 ($35,858,000)
- McAnally Intermediate, renovation to elementary school: New grade-level academic wings, additional classrooms; opening Fall 2022 ($9,611,000)
- Vandagriff, renovation to Early Childhood Campus: Pre-Kindergarten, preschool program for children with disabilities, daycare for Aledo ISD employees; opening Fall 2022 ($1,709,000)
- Coder Elementary, Stuard Elementary, McCall Elementary: furniture replacement to support Aledo ISD Instructional Focus ($1,800,000)
- Land for future school sites ($4,525,000)
- School buses ($500,000)