District contact information:
- “2019 Bond Election,” Azle ISD, https://www.azleisd.net/Page/5996 (includes election information, projects included, FAQs, financial and tax information, planning committee information, printable flyer, and video)
Recent News Articles
- “Azle voters are asked to spend $79.8 million on a stadium, other upgrades,” Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Oct 12, 2019), https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/education/article235764717.html
What is a bond?
A bond is essentially an IOU. Instead of going to a bank to get a loan, like an individual might do, governments can issue bonds to raise money for specific projects. An investor buys a bond on the understanding that they will be paid back, in full and with interest, on a set date (limited by law to 40 years). In most cases, governments must seek voter approval to issue a bond.
Azle ISD Propositions
What will the bond package pay for?
The bond proposal would fund the following projects:
- Additions and renovations to Azle High School: new kitchen, expanded cafeteria, new Band Hall, expansion/renovation of Agricultural Science Animal Barn, 13 new/renovated science labs; new Black Box Theater ($25,879,713)
- New multipurpose stadium: new seating (6,000 home, 2,000 visitor); new 8-lane track; new synthetic grass field; new restrooms & concessions; new press box; meet all safety, security, and accessibility codes ($18,751,540)
- New field house/renovation of existing field house: locker rooms and showers for football, soccer, track, softball, baseball, tennis, and wrestling programs; athletic training rooms, weight room, offices, meeting rooms, referee locker rooms; 4 new tennis courts, renovation of 6 tennis courts; provides adequate facilities for current programs and for expansion of participation ($8,704,747)
- Additions and renovations to Liberty Elementary: new classrooms & Learning Commons; new kitchen/cafeteria; new gym; renovation of library and music room ($16,484,000)