District contact information:
Nikita Russell, Executive Director of Public Relations
- Bond information, Everman ISD, https://www.eisd.org/Page/1684 (includes election information, press release, FAQs, financial impact, committee information)
Recent News Articles
- “These school districts are pitching bond programs,” Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Aug 21, 2019) https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/education/article234148682.html
What is a bond?
A bond is essentially an IOU. Instead of going to a bank to get a loan, like an individual might do, governments can issue bonds to raise money for specific projects. An investor buys a bond on the understanding that they will be paid back, in full and with interest, on a set date (limited by law to 40 years). In most cases, governments must seek voter approval to issue a bond.
Everman ISD Propositions
What will the bond package pay for?
The bond proposal would fund the following projects:
- Joe C. Bean High School: 2 story addition, including 24 classrooms, 8 science lecture labs, 4 prep rooms, 1 library annex, 4 student restrooms, 1 teacher workroom, 2 teacher restrooms, 1 assistant principal’s office, 1 secretary/waiting area, 1 conference room
- Baxter Junior High: 2 story addition, including 11 classrooms ,1 flex lab, and 4 student restrooms
- Townley Elementary: 2 story addition, including 10 classrooms, 2 student restrooms, 1 teacher workroom, and 2 teacher restrooms
- Dan Powell Intermediate: possible additions, 8 classrooms, 1 library annex, 2 student restrooms, 1 teacher workroom, and 2 teacher restrooms
- District-wide: comprehensive roofing replacements
|Ballot Proposition||The issuance of $40,000,000 of bonds by Everman Independent School District for the acquisition, construction and equipment of school buildings. Taxes sufficient to pay the principal of and interest on the bonds will be imposed.
La emisión de bonos por el importe de $40,000,000 por el Distrito Escolar Independiente de Everman para la adquisición, la construcción y el equipamiento de edificios escolares. Se impondrán impuestos suficientes para pagar el capital y el interés sobre los bonos.
|If I vote FOR||Everman ISD can issue $40 million in bonds to fund acquisition, construction, and equipment of school buildings.|
|If I vote AGAINST||Everman ISD cannot issue $40 million in bonds.|
|Tax Consequences||According to Everman ISD, if the proposition passes there will be no impact on the district’s tax rate.|