District contact information:
Executive Director of Communications
- “Bond Election 2019,” Keller ISD, https://www.kellerisd.net/bond (includes project overview, FAQs, financial information, official filings)
Recent News Articles
- “Early voting period begins; Keller ISD residents to rule on $315 million bond proposal,’ Community Impact Newspaper (Oct 22, 2019) https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort-worth/keller-roanoke-northeast-fort-worth/city-county/2019/10/22/early-voting-period-begins-keller-isd-residents-to-rule-on-315-million-bond-proposal/
- “We recommend Keller residents vote this way on school district’s $315 million bond,” [editorial] Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Oct 14, 2019) https://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/editorials/article236051978.html
- “Keller voters asked to OK $315 million for new schools, security, athletic fields,” [editorial] Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Oct 12, 2019) https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article235772782.html
- “These school districts are pitching bond programs,” Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Aug 21, 2019) https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/education/article234148682.html
What is a bond?
A bond is essentially an IOU. Instead of going to a bank to get a loan, like an individual might do, governments can issue bonds to raise money for specific projects. An investor buys a bond on the understanding that they will be paid back, in full and with interest, on a set date (limited by law to 40 years). In most cases, governments must seek voter approval to issue a bond.
Keller ISD Propositions
What will the bond package pay for?
Projects included in the 2019 Bond Proposal include (with estimated costs):
- District-wide safety & security upgrades ($19,679,692)
- District-wide mechanical & life safety upgrades ($30,800,715)
- District-wide technology upgrades ($24,328,980)
- Florence Elementary School replacement ($30,091,373)
- Heritage Elementary School replacement ($30,091,373)
- Parkview Elementary School replacement ($33,521,597)
- Whitley Road Elementary School replacement ($32,328,758)
- Fossil Hill Middle School additions & renovations ($18,321,041)
- Keller Middle School additions & renovations ($25,414,950)
- Indoor extra-curricular program facilities at high schools ($48,626,734)
- New Industrial Trades and Agriscience Center ($21,509,217)
|Ballot Proposition||The issuance of $315,000,000 of bonds by Keller Independent School District for the acquisition, construction, renovation and equipment of school facilities in the District and levying the tax in payment thereof.
La emisión de bonos por $315,000,000 por el distrito escolar Independiente de Keller para la adquisición, la construcción, la renovación y el equipamiento de instalaciones escolares en el Distrito, y la imposición de impuestos para el pago de dichos bonos.
|If I vote FOR||Keller ISD can issue up to $315 million in bonds to support construction, renovation, and equipment.|
|If I vote AGAINST||Keller ISD cannot issue up to $315 million in bonds.|
|Tax Consequences||According to Keller ISD, if the proposition passes there will be no impact on the district’s tax rate.|