District contact information:
Executive Director of Communications
- “Bond Election 2019,” Keller ISD, https://www.kellerisd.net/bond (includes project overview, FAQs, financial information, official filings)
Recent News Articles
- “Early voting period begins; Keller ISD residents to rule on $315 million bond proposal,’ Community Impact Newspaper (Oct 22, 2019) https://communityimpact.com/dallas-fort-worth/keller-roanoke-northeast-fort-worth/city-county/2019/10/22/early-voting-period-begins-keller-isd-residents-to-rule-on-315-million-bond-proposal/
- “We recommend Keller residents vote this way on school district’s $315 million bond,” [editorial] Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Oct 14, 2019) https://www.star-telegram.com/opinion/editorials/article236051978.html
- “Keller voters asked to OK $315 million for new schools, security, athletic fields,” [editorial] Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Oct 12, 2019) https://www.star-telegram.com/news/politics-government/election/article235772782.html
- “These school districts are pitching bond programs,” Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Aug 21, 2019) https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/education/article234148682.html
What is a bond?
A bond is essentially an IOU. Instead of going to a bank to get a loan, like an individual might do, governments can issue bonds to raise money for specific projects. An investor buys a bond on the understanding that they will be paid back, in full and with interest, on a set date (limited by law to 40 years). In most cases, governments must seek voter approval to issue a bond.
Keller ISD Propositions
What will the bond package pay for?
Projects included in the 2019 Bond Proposal include (with estimated costs):
- District-wide safety & security upgrades ($19,679,692)
- District-wide mechanical & life safety upgrades ($30,800,715)
- District-wide technology upgrades ($24,328,980)
- Florence Elementary School replacement ($30,091,373)
- Heritage Elementary School replacement ($30,091,373)
- Parkview Elementary School replacement ($33,521,597)
- Whitley Road Elementary School replacement ($32,328,758)
- Fossil Hill Middle School additions & renovations ($18,321,041)
- Keller Middle School additions & renovations ($25,414,950)
- Indoor extra-curricular program facilities at high schools ($48,626,734)
- New Industrial Trades and Agriscience Center ($21,509,217)