This calendar, like the overall site, is non-partisan. We will post events that are of community or political interest, regardless of party. Events must be of legitimate interest to people of goodwill.
That said, we reserve the right to not post any event we deem inappropriate or offensive.
Click HERE to submit an event for this calendar.
- This event has passed.
Fort Worth: free financial planning workshops (virtual)
November 2 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
City of Fort Worth: Fort Worth’s Neighborhood Services Department is partnering with Frost Bank to offer free financial wellness webinars. The online sessions are 11 a.m. to noon the first four Tuesdays in November. Workshops are free, but registration is required to receive a Zoom webinar link. Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/financial-empowerment-series-wfrost-bank-november-series-registration-183724193007
Workshops will provide knowledge of key financial concepts and strategies for making small changes that improve financial well-being and reduce stress. Participants also will be entered into a drawing to win a free goody bag. Drawings will be held live at the end of each session.
Nov. 2 – Banking Basics
- Define common terms related to financial institutions and types of accounts.
- Compare different types of bank accounts and the risks and benefits associated with each.
- Explain key ways to protect financial accounts and personal information.
Nov. 9 – Budgeting
- Explore the importance of creating and maintaining a budget.
- Examine the differences between wants and needs.
- Set goals for spending, saving and debt repayment.
Nov. 16 – Credit Scores and Reports
- Explore the importance of credit scores and reports.
- Learn how to access information about credit scores and reports.
- Discuss strategies to build and improve credit.
- Identify how to protect credit from incorrect claims and fraud.
Nov. 23 – Identity Theft
- Learn how to recognize the signs of identity theft and fraud.
- Examine different types of identity theft and fraud.
- Identify strategies to protect yourself from identity theft and fraud.