|Job description||There are 150 representatives in the state House of Representatives, the lower chamber of the Texas state legislature. Term is two years.
- Writes and votes on state laws.
- Proposes state constitutional amendments that are voted on by statewide ballot.
- Votes to uphold or overturn a Governor’s veto.
- All bills to increase taxes, appropriate funds, or raise revenue must start in the House.
- The House can bring impeachment charges against statewide office holders (charges are tried in the Senate).
|Annual salary||$7,200/yr; $211/day when legislature in session